Originally Posted by Anonymous
Zero correlation between great players making great or even good coaches!! They are too young and are not educators!!

You are 100% right! Not to mention it is very hard to find a 21 year old who will be as committed to the team as you want them to be. It takes years to transition from great player to great coach. There are so many other aspects to coaching other than lax ability! I think the college kids are great for 1 on 1 skill training.

My daughter is a Yellow Jacket and looking forward to trying out for Top Gun. Not because Yellow Jackets have bad coaches we actually think our coaches are really great. In end the organization leaders do not respect parents and player....except those on blue. Lower teams get the short end of the stick. They pay the same price but at tryout time they are sepereated from the "blue" team...they attend less tournaments and they know after a couple years, they are never moving up, even if they deserve to. Great for the girls who are on blue, other than that find another organization.

That is exactly what I've heard about YJ, and from Blue parents. My daughter tried out one year and the tryout went as you described: Blue girls were separated out from the rest at tryouts. Why do the Blues even go to tryouts if it's a given? I think YJ produces some strong players, but I don't care for how the program is run, at all.