Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many spots are available on 2015 black? purple? Last year tryouts were horrible and a total waste of time. Will it be the same this year or will kids actually get a chance to play?

I have to believe that if an unknown "great" player showed up for the tryout she would be offered a spot, I think the push this year is to beat the Maryland teams, you can't accomplish that if you don't take the best players. For Black team players on the bubble a move to purple is a definite possibility, For Purple team players on the bubble...I'm not sure what they will do, I would not like to them add another color team, as we've seen what a mess that creates.
yeah I know about politics..but how many people are really that hooked up?
at the end of the day it's a business and businesses make money, and successful (winning teams) make the most money

What mess have you seen adding another team creates.Why would adding a team for the less accomplished players have to create problems so long as there are enough interested players.

I am a fan of a 2 team system Call it A and B, Black and Purple, whatever, when you start adding more than that the brand gets diluted. In my perfect world (remember this is my opinion) the A team roster is a little smaller more playing time for each kid, less substitutions etc. and the B team roster is a little larger more developmental to see where the cream rises to the top, the top B team players would fill in the A team roster at tournaments due to injury or availability etc. what is the value to player (and parents) of being on the C or D team, is the quality of coaches there? Are the club directors involved in their development? Or is it about money? That’s the mess as I see it.

I am also a fan of keeping it to 2 teams, however I think players should not be "called up" to the A team on a temporary basis to fill in at a tournament, that's not fair to a solid B team that looses it top players whenever the A team needs a boost. B teams that are built to be solid teams should stay intact for the season and let adjustments be made at tryouts the following year, if no conflict with schedules, by all means bring them up for the challenge, otherwise treating B teams as a practice squad just reinforces the second class citizen feeling that is inherent with being a clubs b team.