Originally Posted by Anonymous
My understanding, and I admit this is second hand info, is that Spallina was going to run clinics and games on Sunday mornings for the 6-7-8 th grade group. I believe it was by invitation only and was mainly TG kids and some YJ kids and they were trying to keep it to the so called more competitive kids.Even though I am not a registered user yet I also heard that the big kahoona did not like the idea and felt they were possibly going to be tempted to jump ship so a practice day switch may have been made in this age group.Again all second hand info but that is what I was hearing and am now a little ticked because it sounded like a great idea.

Does anyone really believe that any of these clinincs are worth the time and money? Maybe if you're a HS kid looking to play for SB, but otherwise they're all fund raisers, especially for the younger age groups.
Save your money. My girls used to do the Just 4 Girls Camp over the summer, but we stopped because they were only reviewing basic skills, things kids at the travel level should already know. For them, the highlight of the camp was lunch and the pool. I’d rater spend $500 on a weekend at Hershey or something similar. The only ones that benefit from these kinds of camps are the guys that run them.
I think a lot of people attend these camps because they feel if they don’t, the coaches will be upset and their kid will be put on the coaches shi* list. Attend my camp or else.

That's called YJ's!

Yjs don't run a summer camp. But hey SS as 2of them,