Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you want your daughter to make the black team it's very easy. 1) Have her insist on taking the draw. They NEVER do it doing practice (and by the way the 2017 never scrimmaged at a practice-not once)and tell her to go right to the goal. She doesn't have to pass to anyone and won't be corrected. 2) Follow Mr. Smith around like a duckling and quack in his ear. 3)Live in one of the Islips. Glad I saved my $35, see you in Maryland.

My first experience with travel lacrosse. My daughter and her friends traveled a pretty long distance to try out for TG. They gave their best, and made black. None of this BS you speak of. You want your daughter to make black, tell her to work hard and she's got a chance.

Don't worry your daughter will be moved to purple soon enough,let me guess you made black on the youngest level.Wait till all the nonsense starts ,the private lessons with the coach or someone in power ,then they will replace your daughter with someone from your coaches home school.Good luck all the hard work in the world doesn't trump connections and it sounds as if you and your daughter have none.

You're assuming a lot here aren't you. Why so bitter, certainly must be better things to do with your time than to assume you know anything about my daughter or most other girls here. If there are these lessons to be learned I will learn them i suppose, but I will be the judge of all this. Your bad experience is none of my concern, I've heard the same stories from other parents, and I've heard great experiences from even others. You sound like a parent whose daughter got moved from black to purple and are upset about it. There are only two possible reasons for that to happen, 1) she just isn't as good as you think she is, or 2) what you say is true.
If it happens to my daughter I'll move on and won't spend a lot of time on a message board posting anonymously to strangers.
You are right , I don't have any connections...none at all. So my daughter earned her own shot and it is on her to work hard and keep that spot. I don't teach my child that it's someone else's fault if she doesn't succeed, I hope you don't either.

You are the one making assumptions.Stating there was none of the bs that people speak of yet you are new to travel lacrosse so how would you know.You also assume I know little about your daughter when I bet I know more then you think.Not the best player on her town team but you think she might be.Town team has done very well but have not really tested themselves.Been paying for private lessons because you think your town coach either doesn't do enough for your child, isn't good enough for your child,always complaining on the sideline about your town coach even after they have done more for your child in lacrosse then you have,made TG top team supposedly wo connections ,doubt it.I know more then you think .

way to go out on a limb there, that could be said about 99% of the girls who play.