Originally Posted by Anonymous

I posted the question here. I did not post it on the YJ thread. (Seems someone looking to start trouble on the YJ thread.) I am just looking for some information and I still don't think the question was answered. The way I am reading it is that there is movement but you don't have to move? Can someone please explain?

My two cents is, and this goes for any team in any club, that there is always room for more talent. If the tryers-out are at the same level as last year's members then they won't get a spot because there's nothing to gain and a little to lose in terms of team solidarity and gel. If the tryers-out are more skilled and have something the team needs, they earn a spot on the team.

My theory doesn't account for political connections, nor for a talented girl with baggage (aka parents with demands). Either of those situations will factor in as well.

Your mileage may vary, take what I say with a grain of salt because I've never run a tryout or had to make the picks. But I've had several kids go through the process for many years, across sports, and that's they way I've seen it play out.