Be
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This summer's 2019 teams had 2020 girls playing. The 2019 will move up (if pass tryouts) and the 2020 will become the newer team (after tryouts)

Don't bet on it, A select few will get to choose what team they play on.

That's NOT right if that's what happens! ALL the 2020 girls should stay down to play with their own age regardless of who they know or how they are connected - and we all know a few of them are "connected".

Top Guns, Will put their players in their correct age group. They will NOT push a players up or down to build up a team. That is fact.

How did that statement work out for you, keep drinking the cool aide ,select kids get to choose which age group ,too funny.

why would a kid play up when there is a team in there own age group ? I understand the 2019 kids on the 2020 last year because there wasn't a team for them to play on last year as 2020's . Staying "up" will only cause problems down the road ....
Coaches go to these tournaments to recruit. what they like about it is they can go watch a 2014 game and see 48 players in an hour all from the graduating class for a spot they are looking to fill......
What do you think will happen when the girl that plays up and gets to her last year with that group and then turns around and trys out for the age group that she was supposed to be in..... we can agree that this kid is an excelent player so when she plays down in the last year for recruiting she will now take a spot from a girl on the black team that she has played for for years and bump that girl down to purple...... I know that this has happened in other programs and there were lots of problems for the girl that did it. players from her team wouldnt talk to her and it caused a lot of drama for everyone involved .
I dont think this is a practice that will be good for TG as an organization

I guess we will all see what happens in seven years. Who cares, if its not your daughter it is not your worry. I am familiar with this situation and If I were the parent of this player I would be pushing for the same exact thing. Truth is it is a very special situation.