Originally Posted by Anonymous
Fyi, in years past rosters come out mid fall or so. These fall tournaments have nothing to do with the organization. Small pockets and groups form their own teams and go. The summer rosters are 24 kids, way to big for the fall winter format. Don't wait around to be included, go do your own thing, get a group on your own and enter. The only team central activity the club does is set up indoor winter leaugue play which if you are new to the club, wait for an email. It is put together by the club but that's really the only involvement they have until spring practices.

While I understand that it seems in my daughters age group a parent has somehow gotten the roster for 2013 and called all the girls on it minus a few including my own.The players are being told it is a TG team thing which seems wrong to me, I have heard of things like this ripping teams apart.

Go back to yj site and look at how nasty it got when 75 percent of a team went down to a MD tourament with the rest uninvited. All the ugly was played out on this website (jy thread), and they weren't even playing under a yj name. It would be very, very wrong for any TG "parent put together" team to enter as a TG team without inviting everyone on the roster. This would cause many hurt feelings and very much divide a team. I would imagine the directors at TG would not allow a partial parent team to enter anything using the TG team name. What I have seen and done is teams or small groups from a travel team form, enter under a different name, usually play up in age group. This still causes many hurt feeling for the uninvited, but at least it has nothing to do with the club name, as it shouldn't.

While I aggree with what you have said, I know of a team of 10 girls playing at Hofstra on Saturday who will call them selves TopGuns the parent coach who organized it only called the people he wanted, He didnt have an advanced copy of the roster, but his daugther has all the phone numbers of girls from last years teams phone and they all texted each other regarding who made what. the kids all know whos on what team. The bottom line is if you want your kid playing in these fall 7 v 7 tourneys you need to be proactive and find a team or make your own. the TG coaches are not going to be reaching out to you

What age group and who is the parent coach. Say if you know. If not perhaps you shouldnt say anything.