Originally Posted by Anonymous
well they are 13/14 after all thats teenagers
yeah that's a good excuse!! Top gun is supposed to be better than all that, than all those other clubs. Shouldn't the kids they already have on the team be better than that too?

I see it differently. I see the laughing and fooling around as complacency, as if they knew they were on the team and didn't really have to try. Actually as a bystander it looked that way too and having never seen them play before I was disappointed with the level I saw. Just an observation and opinion.

On the flip of that opinion, I witnessed a level of play that was extremely high, from the existing girls on the team and was very impressed with many of the new girls trying-out. Just an amazing amount of talent looking to get on board. Don't know how the politics of moving existing players around and/or bringing in new players will go, but we shall soon see. All I can say is that some of the teams were already very strong and all the new talent looking to join puts this club in a great position. Crossing my fingers my daughter makes it.