Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know in Nassau County there are different rules depending on the circumstances ie: if that town doesn't have a team for that age. We aged out of Town teams, but who cares anyway. Maybe you can take a certain number of out of towners on a team.

Similarly to PAL, the child would have to get a release from the town they reside in. As you said, if a town doesn't have a team, I believe the child can choose where to play. As we all know, at times the relationship between the player, parents,and coach may be frictional and and at times even cancerous, and the director would then determine what they think is best for the town and the child. Quite often, a town doesn't have an appropriate team (ie; A, B, or C) for the child to play on and the director would normally allow the child to find a team that is a better fit. I don't believe most directors, and I emphasize "most," allow a child to either leave, or enter, another program for the point of "stacking" a team. If something like this does take place, SCGL is supposed to step in and police the situation, which they do.

So your saying I can plead my case to the league and be allowed to play for another town? So if my daughters coach was all about his own daughter, who never sees the bench (and not because she's good), while the rest of team gets the short end, your saying I can get excused. This scenerio plays out all too often with parent coaches so you still run the risk its happenikng on the team your going to as well. We seriously need a local travel leauge.