Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
what about girls that arent even of age yet playing? I mean if they don't have a team for your age group, just wait until you're old enough. One team had a third grader playing on a fifth grade team last year. Really? why take the spot away from a fifth grader to give to a third grader. I don't care how good the kid is.

There is no harm in trying out. If a fifth grader gets cut because a third grader is better then so be it. That third grader probably is exceptional and they want her to continue with this program rather that make another club (which she would) and possibly lose her.

On another note...it seems that the 2019 team has two teams this year and no one was cut. Looks like the Purple team may have alot of underage kids. Are they good enough or are they just filling out a roster? If my fifth grader was assigned to the purple team, I'd definitely want to find out the makeup of the team and decide if it is worth it.

I agree with you 100%. if the third grader has the talent to be on the team, why on earth would you not let her??? If the fifth grader wasn't as good as the third grader, too bad, why would you choose her over the third grader??? Playing up is great for the developement of these kids, why waste your kids talent if she is playing at a level way beyond her age.
As for the 2019 underage roster. It isn't posted yet. Do you have inside knowledge of mass quantities of underaged kids? I know from tournament experience that many clubs and teams put together rosters with girls all the way down to kindergarden in the early age brackets. While I agree that is ridiculus, I think that reaching down a year or two and picking up a very talented third or forth grader is perfectly acceptable.