Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard that this LI tourney is going to be one of the ones TG's goes to instead of going to Syracuse; I hope that is the case!

It's a pretty good bet since this tourney is a Shannon Smith event that YJ won't be sending any teams.

Cut off your nose to spite your face.
Unfortunately this is likely true that YJ teams won't be attending this tournament due to the CR SS circumstances. It is a shame to watch so many players miss out on a great opportunity like this because of the queens' discontent. One thing should be apparent, SS is charging hard and is heavily involved in the landscape of women's lacrosse locally and nationally. So you can stick your heads in the sand as CR will decide for you to do, all others who attend really won't miss you. But on the flip side, I don't see SS entering any teams in YJ sponsored events, at least not officially through the club. You would think that with all the money to be made at these tournaments, these two directors would put their differences aside in the name of cash.

Seriously ,TG has avoided CR tournament for years and you never came on hear with the "miss out on a great opportunity" nonsense. YJ usually does another tournament on those dates and it is for a much better cause.

Too many kids on each team, coaches making as many teams per age as possible, having a tournament that barely any teams will attend for a money grab,etc. Good luck but they will not show up plus where will they play the games on those tiny ,crummy 7 on 7 fields.

You're right, the facilities at Hofstra can't begin to compare with the lax spectacular that goes on at Mitchell Field - all those 25 minute games with YJ club being 30% of the teams there and playing each other or town teams half the time. Poor SS how can she compete with that - LOL!

Keep laughing but the but the point of the post was that CR holds an equally terrible tournament that out of state teams rarely go to and now SS has taken another page out of that play book and holds her own terrible tournament.Too funny that you try to denigrate the facilities at Mitchell field by talking about the format of the tournament , too stupid to realize one has nothing to do with the other.I agree I rarely like the format of any showcase tournament especially at the younger ages but the fact remains Hofstras facilities to hold a high caliber tournament are hideous.

TBD!