Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard that this LI tourney is going to be one of the ones TG's goes to instead of going to Syracuse; I hope that is the case!

It's a pretty good bet since this tourney is a Shannon Smith event that YJ won't be sending any teams.

Cut off your nose to spite your face.
Unfortunately this is likely true that YJ teams won't be attending this tournament due to the CR SS circumstances. It is a shame to watch so many players miss out on a great opportunity like this because of the queens' discontent. One thing should be apparent, SS is charging hard and is heavily involved in the landscape of women's lacrosse locally and nationally. So you can stick your heads in the sand as CR will decide for you to do, all others who attend really won't miss you. But on the flip side, I don't see SS entering any teams in YJ sponsored events, at least not officially through the club. You would think that with all the money to be made at these tournaments, these two directors would put their differences aside in the name of cash.

Seriously ,TG has avoided CR tournament for years and you never came on hear with the "miss out on a great opportunity" nonsense. YJ usually does another tournament on those dates and it is for a much better cause.

Too many kids on each team, coaches making as many teams per age as possible, having a tournament that barely any teams will attend for a money grab,etc. Good luck but they will not show up plus where will they play the games on those tiny ,crummy 7 on 7 fields.

Everything YJ does is for a "better cause" that's what they're all about, putting others first, helping those who can't help themselves, they are the champions of the down trodden, it's all about the greater good - bravo YJ!

Hahaha, now that's funny!!