Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow, if that isnt backhanded what is.

I have not forrayed the girls travel landscape as I have a few years, but really, if you wanted to get a realistic comment from a parent on the team, I am not sure if that is the best Post to do so.

Talk about blending the pot. I think these girls travels are far worse than the boys!!!
That made no sense at all, so I will try to answer for you. The problem with the North Western girls basically ended this year because Shannon graduated this year, and from what I understand , shes going to go to Hofstra to finish her degree, so she will be around all the time. I am a parent from a rival club, so all I know is what I have heard and experienced from going to there try outs, and is solely my opinion. My daughter is a top tier player playing on a top clubs "A" team and on a varsity high school team so I have been doing this for a long time and will try to be honest. T.G. is an up and coming club that stands to get much better in a hurry now with Shannon being home full time. They are less aggressive than Y.J, but more so than Liberty. Being a girls only club your daughter will be the most important thing unlike 91 or Express. They are kind of cliquy and seem to hold on to players that have close ties to cretin people involved with the club even though better players show up to try outs. They have made changes this year dropping some girls to lower teams, and taking on new girls (Powderfinger calm down I said I would try to be fair and your daughter deserves to be one of those girls,) but it is rare that a girl with no ties gets accepted, no matter how good she is, at least in the higher grades. Your daughter being young will fare well if she gets in now.

Playing Varsity does not mean your daughter is a good player. It is relevant. Where do you live?

Cliquey is putting it mildly. At tryouts girls are instructed to only pass to each other and some stood on the sidline and never went into the game.

They did drop some to lower teams, to the surprise to many parents who were told otherwise.

All of these organizations have politics, TG included, it's no better and no worse, it is about who you know!

It is true that getting in younger will help, but this is true for all clubs.