Originally Posted by Powderfinger
I, and my daughter, are very happy at TG. As is documented elsewhere on this site, we were with /another club/ for a few years and it wasn't a good match. My personal opinion and experience is to steer yourselves toward clubs that coach girls primarily, not girls as a sideline to boys. IME, the girls are the [lacrosse] stepchildren in those clubs.

What I like about TG: that we do play a lot of tournaments. If you want to be seen you have to be out there. I don't think the tournament schedule is excessive, it's what I expect. YMMV depending on your goals, finances, family situation.

We are very happy with coaching. My kid is getting some great coaching this year, way more so than in HS and in prior club experience. Very happy with quality of other players. Very happy with club culture and other parents.

The thing is every age group is diffierent within clubs, so what's great in one year might not be the same as another year. It's really tough to shop around because there are tryout fees and the timing of tryouts/commitments expected. I asked around and I got lucky finding a match. So that's my advice, talk to people in your daughter's age group. Wander around at tournaments, everyone at tournaments is happy to answer questions so just go and schmooze and see what you find out.

Are you from RP? Just wondering.