Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
A note to all TG families, especially these younger ones:
Please do assume that all the "others" out there that will be on this team, share the same anger, frustration or opinions of this one "anonymous" posting. Many of us have been following the thread and have chosen to stay out of it for a multitude of self evident reasons. 10 year olds are just that, ten years old. Let them play, make friends, get better and leave the check list of who has what, where and when out of it as it is both divisive and incendiary. Since misery loves company, many of us will be keeping to ourselves.

You are hilarious ," many of us will be keeping to ourselves" and "have chosen to staybout of it " yet you just could not take your own advice .My question is why not open it up to the whole team and as you said " let them play, make friends, get better".Would it have killed these guys to play with all the kids on his their team even if they think the kid is of lesser ability than their little golden child.My kid is playing and yes if she were not I would have got a team together myself but what about the kid who does not have parents who would..How about the kid who may have a one parent household or the kid with parents who are too busy and yes how about the kid who might have a sick parent but still wanted to play.Why would you exclude any kid on the team ,the only reason I can think of is because you only care about your kid.At least stop calling yourself TG 2020 because you are not ,even the YJ teams make up names when it is not the actual team.

Maybe some kids weren't included because of their parents. Not everyone wants to deal with parental baggage. I have no horse in this race, think the whole thing is way overblown, but the people keeping this issue alive are the parents. Maybe whoever put the not-exactly-TG-but-TG team together didn't want to deal with the parents, and after all this whining on here I can see why.

And if you have such an issue with TG, why are you staying? Go. Go now when there are still other clubs for which to tryout.

Flame away.

Yeah that must be it he did not want to deal with parents who he has never met and knows nothing about, so why be nice and offer them an invitation to play with their team.This guy clearly knows more than Shannon Smith who obviously thought these kids were talented enough to make the black team and had no issues with their parents.Poor job by the organization as a whole letting some egomaniac and the sheep parents on his team take over a team and control who plays under the TG banner.By the way I am sure you have a horse in this race or you would see that in the end it is divisive for the team which I could not care less about because my kid does not play for them.My sons team went thru it many years ago and to this day still affects team dynamics.

Yeah, I realized after I posted, in haste, that if it's a new team perhaps the parents aren't known. My bad.

I also think that bringing it up again and again and again is not helpful though. It happened, it's over, address it with the people who did it and/or BS then let it end, please. I just can't see how stewing about it and posting anonymously here is useful. It is not resolving the issue or doing anything toward effecting a positive outcome. It's stirring the pot and letting something fester.

Call BS, get the parent who put together the team and call him/her and sort it out, then get back to us with the outcome.