Originally Posted by Anonymous
Havent herd anything. Wondering what people think about a 25 player roster? Is that the standard amount for a club team?

The Hofstra Tournament is 7v7 plus a goalie, with a restraining line and 5v5 in the offensive end. Given those metrics, I believe 25 kids is too many. You could either go bare-bones, 10-kid minimum, which gives you only two substitutes, rather thin for six 25-minute games. With a 2-3-2 format, two to three lines of middies, two lines of attack/defenders and a goalie yields a 15-18 player team. A back-up goalie is also a good idea.

My daughter is 2017 black and her friend is 2nd year purple. Neither of us has heard a thing about playing in upcoming tournament.

The Tournament I referenced is [a Hofstra event]. It's not an official TG Fall Tournament but believe Bill Smith sent an email to all that attended the TG's tryouts, as post #20585 (p.108) highlighted. Obviously, there's a TG's connection given SS's new position as Hofstra's head coach.

We're new to TGs, 2018 White (yeah the money team). I was impressed enough with the training / teaching of the TG-run August Camp and quality of the kids at the tryout to go through the brain damage of schlepping my kid from Westchester County to West Babylon for practices this Spring. The reality is not everyone on each TG's team knows all of the others, especially if you're new to the program. Roster names are shared but not emails ,,, making it difficult for a parent taking the initiative to form a team to contact everyone. Second, bringing 22-24 kids is too many, highlighting the issue of "whom to invite."

So if you have a kid that wants to play, have them ask a few of their friends and you'll be amazed how quickly you field the requisite ten players. It took me two days to form a team. $750 team fee. Charge each kid $75, round up 15 kids or more and use the excess cash to print reversible pinnies ($15 each). Find 18-20 kids and you have enough cash to fund a large pizza party after the tournament.

I'd be happy to forward the original tournament flyer via email and share a contact if you're interested in printing pinnies.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Peter Zidlicky (email: 1988e30m3@gmail.com)