Originally Posted by Anonymous
All teams from Long Islands played well. Congratulations to Skywalkers for a hard fought tournament. Congratulations to both the Yellow Jackets teams And the Top Gun team.I feel terrible to see grown adults bashing programs that encourage girls to compete and grow as individuals. As a mom, I have my girls play sports to stay active and learn to work as a team. To gain confidence and make friendships. To become strong physically and emotionally, and to learn how to deal with victories and defeats. A lesson that is a part of everyday life. These are young ladies working hard, be proud of your child. Encourage them on the sidelines and teach them to respect themselves, their opponents, and their organization. The adults are those that cause animosity, not the players. There is no program that is innocent of this terrible behavior. This forum alone enables people to speak badly about a child without any ramifications. We would be the first to contact a school official if a child is bullied by another on FB or other social media sites, yet we look as if we are following the old motto, "do as I say, not as I do." I am sure there are individuals who have had their child play for one organization, and left because they felt it was not the best fit for their child. I would do the same, but many people who bash YJ or TG probably have never spoken or interacted with the directors or the players. It is just sad, it is a beautiful game and a great sport for girls, growing leaps and bounds. Too bad we all cannot enjoy the game and enjoy our daughters playing.

Unbelievably well said!!! That message should be copied & broadcast across all the different forums!! Would be nice if we all got along, showed respect, and enjoyed the competition, while teaching our girls to do the same.