Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
In the end, all girls end up playing with their age group.
thats false.

Are you still talking about 2019? Tell me where girls play up in the upper ages.

Older kids are played up by necessity on weak teams in weak clubs. Strong clubs don't play kids up because they don't have to. If your club's playing kids up, I'd get out.

one caveat, all good clubs that I know of do allow kids to "play-up" on thier youngest age group team.

Really....why does that YJ goalie play up? 2014 team. Amongst others.
That Goalie plays up because daddy is a varsity assistant coach on her high school team, where she has also played varsity since the 7th grade. Though a good goalie, she has more of an advantage because of her father. In any other school she maybe makes varsity as a freshman, but because of her dad and being in such a small district she has taken advantage of a good opportunity as we all would have. Truth be told she doesn't live up to the hype against bigger stronger schools, or in tournament. there are better goalies than her that don't have the same backing or name recognition, but are far better goalies.

As a TG parent I can say the above post is NOT from a TG parent. We are not that way I hope. Someone starting trouble I'm sure.
That YJ goalie in question is really good. I have had the opportunity to get to know her Mom a bit while cheering on our goalies this season when playing against each other. I find myself rooting for her throughout the season and I am sure they do the same (as long as they are not playing each other, lol). That is called friendly, respectful competition! No one needs to single out a girl like that...especially a goalie. There is enough pressure playing that position as it is!