Sounds like rope a dope wins for some NCAA coaches who are fans of the reclassified game. When you really think about it what the coaches are stating is they don't think your kid is a recruit in his class. Now for a December boy, we are really picking the nit and I would never pick on some 2017 who is still 14 for a few more weeks since I live in a state where my son who turned 13 in October is a 7th grader in the correct grade because of the Sept cut off, so don't take as an attack on prior poster's kid. That said, coaches "love reclassified kids"? Said another way lacrosse is such a cash poor sport that they don't do redshirting in their program with scholarship kids who cost them money for 5 years.

To any NCAA coach I would say back take my son in his grade and we will pay tuition and board full for a redshirt year. Then his deal starts in year two as a redshirt freshman. I'd rather have my kid get adjusted to university life and academics and also get a taste of the training for a year in a college environment rather than running bully over 14 year olds as a 19 year old high school senior. I think this artificial technique to prop kids is pathetic. What's next, pretend they are special needs kids so they can win gold medals in the Special Olympics? We are close to situations that crass right now with this repeat a grade contest.

Another factor I see is repeating grades is so common in Maryland now that it is unusual to be a normal aged kid. Two points there...1. the kids who can hit elite status as natural aged kids for their grade are STUDS, period and everyone knows it and coaches are FOOLS to not project more positive on those kids. 2. since repeaters are so common the RELATIVE advantage is closed out. Now it is 16 year old middies trying to get by 16 year old short sticks and so on. The kids who need the artificial advantage aren't finding it as easily in Maryland now.