Other teams are as good or better than the Turtles. Ok, I allow that there is a grade repeating pandemic in Maryland because I am from Maryland and see it everywhere. I don't like it either. But when the 2017 kids be they Turtles or not aren't going to be getting any "help" by getting all those kids 1-2 years older them them off their field. I think the reclassify game is disgraceful at the middle school and elementary levels. Sometimes people hold their kid back for non-lacrosse reasons and those people and their kids I feel bad for being vilified with the group that do it just for early recruiting advantages.

But in high school the jig is up. From here on you have to compete up and that means older more mature kids on your field. I see it starting to happen with 2017s in Maryland. Put them on the field with 2015s and they suddenly shudder and shrink. When players were good a generation ago they played up and were proud to point to that. If the Turtles kids are struggling to "play up" because of all the reclass nonsense congesting a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds against kids like my 16 year old on-age rising junior seems to hard, then those 16 year olds who can't handle it are in really bad shape to compete in college programs.