Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just saw a tweet that sweetlax 2017 is up to 13 D1 commits to top schools. Looks like Turtles and 91 are really not anything special. Others clubs claiming the same numders!

Sweet lax love to see those dob's.

Men amongst boys. A team of mercenaries in the vein of the FCA taken to new levels. My kid was asked several times to join both. I am sure many on this board have been approached as well. They will use your kid to better their name but promote only those from within. It's as transparent as crystal and anyone who falls for that tripe will be taken for a ride.

CORRECT. Sweetlax isn't really a "team". Its like what Crabs use to do with a rotating roster, we see how well that is working for the Crabs now (NOT!). Sweetlax wants the to USE the kids from Long Island, NJ or Conn to grab their better kids from Upstate (that is where Sweetlax is based).

You can play ONE tournament for them and they will slap your sons name, HS & college he is committed to on THEIR SITE. Turned us off last year (my kid is a 2016) and we bailed quick.

So you are saying they are like fca, west coast stars, 3d, etc. Didn't some turtles play for FCA last summer? Why us it bad to have an invite only team? Isn't that what happens when you are recruited by a college?

Not saying that at all. FCA doesn't flaunt "D1 Commits" that play ONE GAME with FCA. Nor does 3D or WCS. So learn the landscape before you come off like an idiot. No problem with an "invite only team", but Sweetlax does it different. They are all about pushing all these D1 committed players who DONT play for Sweetlax on a regular basis.

And yes many of the Turtles played in Denver for FCA.

Strongly disagree about 3D, they will list you on their site if you have played with them at all. 3D has a national team and "local teams". Local teams are made up of local kids who are paying plus kids they fly out to win the game. Sometimes the locals don't step on the field. Classification age is fluid. The corporate model is gaining recognition by winning and promoting high profile kids to get them recruited.