Originally Posted by Anonymous
First 2015 de-commit from UNC. How many to follow after academic debacle? How many other UNC debacles are yet to surface? UNC is the laughingstock now (see Saturday Night Live this past weekend) but for sure there are others that will soon be exposed. Maybe High Point is better than UNC academically after all? Delicious.

I am not sure I agree with this. There are always these Easy Breezy classes that all the athletes took. It happen outside of sports as well. That communication class where attendance was "optional" the final paper wasn't. There was always that tough required class you took as pass/fail.

I think they will rebound and for those that think a UNC education will hinder an athletes chances at employment later, I think those going in at 2017 or later can say they went through a tougher curriculum and under a sharper microscope than ever.

Now will the talent be there on the field the next few years, who knows. UNC football was a borderline team not a power house in the first place; Hoops had some down years; lax has had its ebbs and flows. I think it will all pan out.

The current athletes already there as well as the current 2015s and 2016 high school recruits should also be in for a much tougher academic grind too, not just the 2017s and beyond. Everybody is going to benefit from a much tighter academic requirement. It's healthy for the athletes to feel more pain in the classrooms although it will weed out the "lax bros" who are not interested in academics in the first place, which will probably hurt the competitiveness of the team. But, on the other hand, the kids will graduate with a real education, which is worth the struggle.

Ungood and Distrue.