Originally Posted by Anonymous
100% of sports writers are not 26 year olds and writing about children either. You are completely missing the point. Professional sports writers are writing about adult athletes who understand it is fair game and what comes with multimillion dollar contracts. There is accountability on both sides. Xanderss' deal is completely different. He is a 26 year old writing about young kid with no real background or expertise.

How is this different than the POTUS? Running our Country with no real background or expertise. Welcome to the world of everybody gets a trophy!

Did you just compare a college dropout lacrosse writer to the president of the united states?

Sure did...sorry you voted for him #affirmativeaction #communityorganizer #onebigassmistake

Lets stick with the facts when it comes to evaluating the accuracy of what Ty does. It's easy to find past rankings of kids and to then follow forward their college productivity to determine whether those kids pretty much worked out as Ty had ranked them or were non factors in college. Not sure what we'll find but my guess is probably a relatively equal distribution of hits and misses and a bunch that developed into stars that were ranked low or not at all. I'd also imagine that outside the top 10 the volatility of actual performance increases exponentially. Not an easy job for anybody even if Ty had more field experience but I think as a journalist looking for page views and awareness, mission accomplished in a very big way. What I like best about him and which is part of his genius is that he is never overtly critical - always positive. Like Mom always said, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. Ty has that down to a tee.