Originally Posted by Anonymous
I've heard from a good source (kid plays for 3d NE) that 3d purposefully left their deserving kids off of the lists so that people would find them as credible. Then they go ahead and go to like 4 or 5 tournaments - that's it - and rank all the Michigan recruits. HA!

Still looks odd that a tournament and club business wants to blow up into rankings. Does that not rub anybody the wrong way??!

I don't really have any gripe with any of the rankings But I find these comments a bit ridiculous. As another guy mentioned Virginia had 5 and Duke had 5. How is mentioning 4 players biased when it is less then Duke and Virginia and they are all great players. Some schools seem to be very successful recruiting great players early. All the kids mentioned from LI are very deserving. This certainly doesn't mention all of any schools recruits. That's rediculous. You could more easily say he mentioned more of Duke's or Virginia's recruits.

Also 3d has teams in at least 10 states including Canada. 3d has its own D1, D2 and D3 recruiting Tournament. 3d has multiple clinics and camps throughout the country. 3d won the u-15. They are certainly qualified to rank kids. They seem to be at every single event at all age groups. They seem to have the resources and expertise to assess the talent. If they were truly biased they would rank more 3d kids but as the other poster mentioned they did'nt. Whether you think it was intentional that they left 3d kids off not to show bias is crazy. You must then believe in Tooth Fairies and Leprechauns.