Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2017 parents,

2018 parent here looking for advice on individual showcases to attend as a freshman.

FALL:
I've been told the Phhily Freshman showcase is the best any experience?
What about Jake Reed Fall?
Also is one showcase enough for the fall or should I throw money at multiple people?

SUMMER:
How many individual showcases should we attend next summer?

I assume answers will vary based on expectations.
-Top Tier D1
-Mid Tier D1
-Lower Tier D1
-Top Tier D II/III
-Lower Tier D II/III

Also, what is the right time to sit down and write your 1st letter to the schools of interest?

Any feedback and help is appreciated - THANKS!!

My son is a 2017 and we just finished up this summer and it is definitely a gauntlet. There are several big time showcases and several second tier showcases you should consider doing. Be realistic about where your son is at or you will wind up wasting a ton of money. If you believe your son is ready to get looked at, start sending out emails to the coaches of the schools your son is interested in.

The list of showcases (IMHO)

Fall:

Philly Showcase. Hard to get in, but well worth it.

Jake Reed Fall showcase. Again, hard to get in.

Winter:

3d Blue Chip. A play in camp for Jake Reed summer.

Spring/Summer:

Adrenaline Black Card. Among the best. First class all the way. Loaded with D1 coaches.

Maverick Showtime. Probably the premier showcase out there right now.

Jake Reed summer. Again, top notch.

Top205: Ive heard mixed reviews, lower D1, upper D2-D3 coaches in attendance.

Blue Chip 225: Lot of upper D3, some top D1. Nicely run camp up at Bryant.

Based on what club team you play for you might be attending some showcase tournaments as well.

Top Tourneys (IMHO)

Crabfeast. Top competition. D1 Coaches everywhere.

Adrenaline Platinum. Great event, D1 coaches everywhere.

fl$ in 3d. Great tourney. Poorly run this year from a parking standpoint but a lot of coaches and top competition.

Im sure Im missing some but this is my list. Word of advice, dont do too much, you will burn him out. Do one or two showcases and whatever tourneys your club team is doing. You have plenty of time, hes only a 2018. Everyone is panicking but the reality is that most kids get recruited going into their junior or senior years.

Good luck and enjoy the journey, you only do it once.

Wow, what a great/thoughtful response. Exactly what this site should be about rather the non-stop bashing and trashing that goes on.