Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why would college coaches want to plant their player evaluations into the social media via IL, 3d, Ty Xanders or anyone else? If I were a D1 coach I would sponge what I could from those websites and twitter accounts and contribute nothing back. If there is a diamond in the rough, or a kid from Canada who has it all except for a write up...why the heck would I want to feed the other NCAA programs I compete with my honest evaluations? Like we all learned from Don Corleone in the Godfather, you never talk about the family business outside of the family. The college coaches I had would never, ever have said or done anything to help a competitor. I privately wonder if the smart ones like Tierney nod and go along with the hype of a kid they don't want to divert attention away from the players they do want. Ever notice how Denver recruits build a ranking and reputation AFTER committing late to Denver?

YEP! Tierney is no dummy, and he is smart enough to trust his instincts, not what someone else tells him.

Notre Dame too. In the final four they had one middie who was huge, fast and strong with a decent stick and he ABUSED an excellent Maryland defense in the semi game. That kid was from some whatever high school in wherever Detroit Michigan suburbs and therefore came out of nowhere for those reasons. ND found that kid because nobody else looked that way. I find it interesting that two programs that are not big early recruiters who also get a lot of off the run recruits filled up half the final four and championship game spots.