Originally Posted by Anonymous
Maryland parent again here. Why the repeated vitriol? What if there was an anonymous "lacrosse parent stories" thread on BOTC where people came on anonymously and trashed certain club families? There'd be a lot of material and we all know that from having lived the sidelines show.

Two 15-16 year old LI kids at one LI private school had a behaviour problem and a consequence for it. No crime, drugs or tragedy involved. Have some restraint and some class, and remember you too have a teenage son. They're expected to supposed to make some life mistakes now and learn from them. Else be the forty-something making mistakes and that is a lot more consequential. Let 15-16 year olds be to an extent to make a mistake like this and learn to remedy it going ahead. We don't need to celebrate that one way or defend it next. It makes imperfect people better, and we are all imperfect people (especially lacrosse parents).

Maryland parent, you need to stop posting on this site - you make way too much sense to be here. There but by the grace of God go I comes to mind here. I am that 40-something adult who made all kinds of stupid mistakes when I was a teenager and am just thankful I did not come of age with social media there to document those mistakes. From what I understand of the facts here, these students are paying a very high price for their mistake that was not all that eggregious.