Rumor has it there is a strong movement out there to bring all tournaments into an age based grid. Including HS and recruiting tourns. It will be much like soccer and hockey, birth certificate need to get card. No card, no play. The reclass thing is about to come to screeching halt. Feel for all those that tried to game the system. Time to pay up folks... I hear the college coaches are tired of watching older kids play against younger competition, they feel like they're getting duped. Many of these holdbacks and reclass kids can't compete when they set foot on campus. [/quote]

US Lacrosse has tried and tried, but club owners just go the other way and run grade based tournaments that are not US Lacrosse sanctioned or under the USL insurance policy. So US Lacrosse in effect is neutered and not taken seriously. I don't think the college coaches feel "duped". Do they really offer a kid not knowing some baseline information including his d.o.b.? Rather doubt it. I could relate to a point that BETTER evaluations are possible when the kids are age bracketed for club play like in soccer and hockey. Quite honestly the club guys would run a tournament with rats chewing on kids' socks if they could make more money and get away with it. The honest arbiters need to be elsewhere. USL is useless and the college coaches have NEVER voted with their feet to only attend age based events or said/done anything that would indicate a disdain for repeat kids.

It is pretty obvious already if you have a 2015 or 2016 or 2017 son (I have 2016 and 2017 sons) that the U-15 darlings are not developing to be the best soph, juniors and seniors. That is absolutely true in the hotbed we are in, and looks the case in other areas. NCAA coaches who filled up their cups with early commits that were also reclassified kids are in trouble and they know it. For now, it looks like the more likely scenario is to keep recruiting and just drop the verbal commits to 9th graders later on. That will be cruel onto the early commit kids, but does anyone really 100% trust what a NCAA lacrosse coach says or promises? I don't for sure.