Originally Posted by Anonymous
Check out the 3D rising sophomore rankings. They give birth dates. Very interesting. Remember that on LI the cutoff is early December so kids shouldn't be 16 until then. Some of the kids listed are already 16

Colin munro is a holdback! Wow
#rich daddy #cheater

Not a shocker for those of us in Fla a couple of years ago at a 3D/Jake Reed event. Munro told all of us in a seminar to leave our kids back.

Isn't that swell of him to spend $50k of somebody else's money for a holdback year.

Wow, that is just terrible! Lost all respect for 3D. I guess he had no faith in his son and decided to manipulate the system. Whatever it takes! Sad!
Daddy is also a former D1 coach (University of Denver before Tiernny) so I guess coaches are fine with it if its good for them

Coaches don't care. Why should they? In fact, some might encourage it. If a kid is undersized or if a recruiting class is full, they might suggest a PG year. It's not against the rules (doubt it will ever be) and they want to put together the best team possible to win games and secure their positions. It's a business and livelihood. Just ask them.

PG has been the traditional route, but with recruiting getting younger the reclass conversation is now in the mix. Its everywhere. Just stand on the sidelines of a showcase or recruiting tournament and there's a good chance the topic will come up.

Maryland, Philly have led the way, but it's happening on LI now too. I have a family member who works at a LI private school (not Catholic) and they are seeing an increase in reclass interest. Here's the typical scenario; kid is at an elementary school, usually public, to eighth grade, they enroll in a private school repeating eighth grade with the goal of entering high school a year older for athletic reasons primarily, but it may help academically as well. Some target Chaminade, but others go public if they like their school district.

Bottom line, do what works best for your kid and family. The cream rises to the top. Work hard on game and academics and good things will follow.