Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree that the people that benefit the most are the names on the checks and the tournaments we go to. By the time your son is a sophomore and has not committed to a D1 program - panic sets in. I would assume if you are a legitimate D1 prospect - you know it by now. I just don't understand the D1 commits as freshman or sophomores. If you are that good - why commit? Surely you we only get better and more wanted by D1 coaches.

Yes, panic sets in … fueled by all the internet hype. Parents are busy undercutting player so and so behind their backs, it really is sad, putting it on the web doesn't help. Look at this board, parents commenting that the goalie from team X isn't that good, or criticizing 14 year old kids play (or even younger players, your 5th grader sucks if he didn't make team Q. Even the top athletes have off days (ask Peyton Manning) but parents act like 14 year olds are public figures because they are named on a list of top prospects, or mentioned in a tweet by some drop-out with self-promotion skills.