Originally Posted by Anonymous
the average is about 30% for the Dukes UVA, Michigans. Some kids get a little more some get less. Do not expect the same from all Patriot schools. They have conference restrictions and not all of them have funding for the 12.6 scholarships that is allowed. The Patriot league just started giving some football scholarships.

Don't count on any merit money for academics this early in high school. It's too early and kids have not even taken the SAT/ACT

As you probably know the Ivies are not allowed to give athletic scholarships, but need based money is quite plentiful if you qualify.

The whole recruiting situation can be very expensive.

Patriots have $$ when they want to have $$. Otherwise I agree with everything else you said.

Thanks. What is a smart amount of prospect days to do this Fall? 2?

Some schools have a calculator tool on their website, it can give you an idea of what your kid can get with projected academics, not perfect but it can quickly shave 10-15K off costs to give you idea where you stand without athletic money. At privates can add up unless you are wildly wealthy or a poor student.

I would go to ones that are not too expensive/within driving distance and your son has a sincere ingest in the school for academics, or if the invite you got seemed very personalized, not just the kid's name and a lame "I saw you play" but with details of where and what position your son plays or if they ask your son to call him or ask to send fall schedules if you cannot make it.