He gets it right for the most part based on what, the one year he evaluated players for IL most of whom won't be in college for years to come? I think you may want to check that statement...Quint and Paul don't really get out on the recruiting tournament circuit although Paul does do Maverik Showtime. In terms of track record, yes IL did nail it with the Steele Stanwicks and the Brian Boyles back in the day. But back then the sport was a backwater played in Baltimore and LI and not scratched yet in terms of the wider scope we see today. My son is a commit but did not get ranked or watch listed by IL. Some of that may have to do that he didn't solicit it by sending emails and videos to Ty, some of it may be where Ty evaluates him although the latter is hard to fathom since we only saw Ty at a few of our games which were lopsided and my son didn't get much action on the defensive side of the field. It took a lot of layered repeating and beating into our kid who does have some pride and self esteem issues with how he is seen especially by Ty Xanders does not matter one bit. That is likely an issue for all teenage boys and especially ones who wrap a lot of their status into a sport like lacrosse where social media celebrates what 14 year olds are accomplishing with their commits. I don't care if my son is ranked or watch listed by IL this year, next year or after senior year. I care that if he does this he prepares himself to play 4 years at a high level in college and make All American in college. Every year he sees kids come home at XMas break wearing their UNC, UVA, Hop swag around their old HS gym and field to work out. I don't want my son to spend this much of his time in a sport to be a kid who doesn't see the field for 4 years and comes home every XMas and summer looking real cool in his college garb. Check the rosters guys...at least 20 names on every top 10 roster are kids who have not seen the field and many of them were rated high school guys. Whatever. I just keep telling my son what matters is you don't want to spend 30 hours a week training for lacrosse and never play in college. Do it to do it playing and making your own mark on the college program. I hope he listens, but the bottom line is this sport celebrates phony more than substance and it will be hard for him or any other kid to listen.

Screw Ty Xanders. Honestly, what does he bring besides 7,500 people who seem entertained by his Chipotle burrito pictures. If your son cares or worse you care, it is a mistake and a waste of time. College coaches may tune into his word of mouth and rumor feedback as an information source, but I doubt Ty is helping them with the lineup cards this spring.