Originally Posted by Anonymous
...or not.
I guess that's why the worst early commit offenders (Carolina, and Hopkins)...
Are scratching their heads wondering why they are watching the
Albany's, Denver's, Lehigh's, Loyola's of the world, on TV every year at the Final Four...

We are basically two years away from UNC, UVa and Hop winning nothing to put early recruiting in a grave. -- IF that happens. Breschi is liked at UNC, but there are boundary conditions to running a program that has all the resources asked for that just can't win. Starsia's deal is up in 2016, and word around Charlottesville is his program needs to both win and run clean of player off the field issues this year, or he will basically be forced into retirement after 2016 season. Petro is a legend at Hop, but again it goes without saying that is the only sport Hop cares about and the bottom line is another year or two of middle pack performance and no real moves in NCAA tournament and just maybe even Petro is not safe. For now there is no evidence that early recruiting has a negative effect on the performance of these programs, but we are heading into the throat of the "show me" years right now I am guessing.