Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow, not that I could blame parents and kids for wanting to pass on $3,000 worth of watered down club ball this summer but this is just abysmal on many levels. The club tournaments are now set up so that there's a free for all to sign up 40,50,80...teams for a cowfield event with maybe a handful of decent club teams that don't play each other until the end. Now if top kids drop playing club, the garbage can smells even more. This is a disaster for the kids and the coaches who recruited them. There isn't any way kids will develop unless they are being competitively challenged. So unless your kid goes to a prep school doing year round lacrosse, that is just not available? What a joke. My son will do summer club for a good 2017 team, but I am already hearing this kid and that kid may just blow it off. Kids who didn't get recruited or committed just don't want to do it because they feel it is too late and no point, committed kids just don't want to do it either because they feel they don't need to. So sit on the couch all summer? Jesus what a mess.

Can you imagine just playing for the fun of the sport?