Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just because you committed early doesn't mean you're the best player. There are a lot of great players that are not committed. Early commits came from the parents who it. Committing later is more secure. Remember you have to get accepted first

Early commits aren't EARLY anymore! There are about 135 2017 committed already, so end that weak old line.

I agree that just because you commit early doesn't mean your the BEST player, but it does mean your one of the BETTER players.

You are completely WRONG that "great" players aren't committed already. Sure, there are late bloomers and schools leave a couple of slots open for them but its not common.

And I forgot, the NCAA coaches do whatever Mom & Dad say in regards to offering the kid a spot on their roster! LMAO, wake up!!!!!

Some committed players are certainly the best, at least now, some are players coaches are taking a gamble on. If 135 2017s are committed to D1 right now, and each of the 67 DI schools takes 8 kids per class (many take more) that is a total of 536 total that will play D1 for 2017. What that means is that there are still 400+ spots available.

I am a bit surprised that some of the players we know who are committed are skipping top club play. It seems like it is important to keep working out and playing at the top level to ensure you get on the field when you start college. I understand why they would skip showcase events, but club tourneys seem important. Most varsity seasons have a handful of competitive games and that is not enough to stay sharp.