Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone who makes a derogatory remark about Casey Carroll should have their head examined. Casey represents what was and is great about not only College sports but also this Country. Yes he spent 4 years at Duke and graduated but left with 1 year of eligabilty left due to a severe knee injury his Sophmore year, spent 4 years with the Army Rangers doing 2 tours in Afganistan. He returned to Duke and was granted his year of eligability by the NCAA, he suffered a severe knee injury and needed surgery. The NCAA again granted him his year back and he was able to play his last year in 2014. In my opinion a Great ending to a Fascinating 10 year ride. Tell me another player you should admire more!

Well said!!!!

That thread is proof of ignorance at all costs by the insecure dads sheltering these insecure repeat kids. Casey went off to serve his country. If some kid graduated HS and went off on Peace Corps or a Mormon Mission I would think of those kids, together with Casey, as being a great story for an older kid coming back to finish college and play the college game.

It is disgusting but not surprising that Maryland dads hide behind these shrouds. Now don't call their kid reclassifieds. With the negative connotation to that term, they now want their kid to be considered "prepping" for another year with no reference to repeat or reclassified.

The older generation must be whincing. I know the Stanwicks well. If one of those kids asked his parents if he can reclassify they'd have him raking leaves on all the lawns of Baltimore County for having the tamarity to be such a coward.