High Point is an example of a very expensive private school that is ranked about #550 by periodicals which rank universities. We can argue rankings, but the point is there is just about everything wrong with a kid going to a bottom tier school to play lacrosse. College is expensive and burdensome to kids who graduate with student debt, and as prior posters noted a college degree is not a guarantee. I'm sensitive to financially strapping out our family or son unless it is a strong shot. We live in a state where schools like George Mason or Virginia Tech cost less than $15K a year for in state and have club lacrosse or maybe they go D1 funded in next few years. As one guy who is a headhunter blasted he'd look poorly on a UNC grad...well, would he look at all at a High Point recent grad? Be honest, if not for lacrosse putting these places on our maps, would the average adult be able to guess what states High Point or Bryant College are in? I grew up in Maine and never heard of Bryant until I was a high school senior and one of my smoke a jay buddies applied there.