Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow, I mean even if I wanted to trash the Turtles, where would I begin? They mopped the floor with my son's team and his team is one of the short list clubs going to the best tournaments. I have watched Turtles absolutely destroy Crabs, Dukes, etc. There isn't such a thing as a club team with 25 high level D1 kids on it. If there ever was, it would last about a day because elite kids aren't going to be practice players on one club when they could be stars and develop on the field with another. Maybe Norm - whoever that is - wanted for his son to play on a club featuring him more in the lineup rather than being in a crowd of 5 great players at the same position with one ball on Turtles. Doesn't sound like it went badly for the kid either, so best of luck. The bottom line is the 2017 Turtles are the type of team we won't be seeing again soon given lacrosse and clubs numbers have blown up and spread out so much.

91 Crush 2020, never been beaten in the age group, Nuff said!

lets see them get through the reclassified years (8th-9th) before the crowning. The top programs will have teams the same age as 91 squad at that point.
Then lets see if you can keep the kids together. Remember only a handful from each team get maverik invites so many kids will have to go to other programs to get invites. (i'm sure JM has explained that)
Then some parents will move their kids to get them more exposure than riding the bench on that team.
fun fun

I dont buy the invite thing as a deal breaker because if the kid belongs to a strong hs program, those coaches get a few invites as well.I also think the reclass thing won't be that big a deal since crush has been playing up a grade for a while and doing very well. But you are right, a lot can change, and only time will tell!