Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thanks for the replies. Again I have not seen Turtles in a year, but that they are now not winning lopsided games and are now in a group of 2017 teams that they are trading wins and losses only means the gap closed on what was an unreal U-15 team talent and skill wise. It isn't like other clubs have consolidated power into a few super teams. The Crabs 2017s are not a great team. Team 91 2017s was never a great team like current Team 91 youth teams. Sweetlax and Edge 2017s weren't great teams either. The Turtles were far and away the best 2017 team and were the only truly great team that also never lost a game and played few competitive ones.

I think this screams early recruiting is dumb. These kids are only half way through high school and already we are seeing dramatic differentials in the progression of their development. The then earliest verbal in history to UNC in this class is a player I can't even remember a name. I'd say about half the nifty earlies in the DMV have worked out only ok to be kind, while other kids have bloomed and passed them by. Paul IV is a DC area prep school "loaded with D1 talent" using verbals as an indicator and they stink. Haven't beaten a top prep team yet and they are about where a decent Virginia public school team is, only they won't schedule publics likely for fear of losing. Oh, and they lost their two legit D1 kids to graduation, so likely better schedule different next year. In a few years the colleges who leaned on early recruiting will sound a lot like PVI coming to town. We're loaded with IL ranked former 9th graders! How's that going to look for the UNCs?

I have not seen any evidence that the early recruits in the class of 2017 are not performing. In fact it is the exact the opposite. Every kid that I am aware of that was a very early recruit has done extremely well. Just do an internet search and you will see plenty of sophomore kids who played major roles on their high school teams this year. UNC, Virginia and Hopkins are going to be just fine with the kids they recruited. Ivys have even gotten into the act with Penn at the forefront with some really good kids.

By the way please don't rip on individual kids. Do the research before you make a blanket statement.