Originally Posted by Anonymous
well maybe academically they are not up to standard admission criteria, I know one West Point lacrosse kid did not have the SAT scores nor grades, did the one year post grad due to the grades/scores.

NCAA qualifying grade/SAT are pretty pathetic, but if the kid does not have the qualifying grades/SAT scores it maybe suggested to do PG year to keep the commit.

West Point has admissions criteria that are very high. UNC and most other scholarship lacrosse schools do not. When a kid offers to do a PG year or it is suggested, that is just a different version of redshirting. A kid who is not making C average in high school is not being recruited by even the UNCs anyways.

Not to mention all the military work the WP kids would have to do. They go from boys to men there pretty fast, I can tell you that!

WP is free plus an excellent start in life. Nothing against any other school mentioned but there is a payoff for the service academies if you son is willing and able. I think most have a prep school affiliated though, and they aren't 60K.

Well, I know all about west point, have family there. They have their own "pg" school on site, funded by taxpayers. The academy is very tough. Not the "college life" most boys have in mind. If you are the right type of kid, it's the best. Free education at a top institution plus you come out with 200g in bank and a job . Not too shabby. Campus beautiful too!