These lists really do prove out that IL has a regional bias to Baltimore, the DC metro, Philly main line and certain club programs in LI. 3d has a significant bias to, well...3d. These are bespoke lists. Let me wonder this out loud: would Ty Xanders consider a kid who did not send in a video and also have a club and high school coach pimp it on top of? I doubt it. I am a Maryland parent and saw a good many kids from California at summer tournaments, including one local 3d Cali team that mopped the floor with Team 91. None of their players are mentioned. The 3d Cali team had a better player at each position than Team 91 save for righty attack. And I don't think Team 91 is bad, just saying when all the local biases are out we are seeing quality elsewhere that gets no IL love. This is not stating that LI kids, especially that awesome Turtles team, do not deserve their kudos. I think Ty Xanders lives with his mom and stalks MIAA freshmen in the parking lots of schools. Pedophile category stuff. [/quot

OK Turtle dad... [/quote]

Not a Turtle dad, but let's face it...these two lists should have more in common than they do if the ratings are legit. Ty Xanders basically has a boy band crush on the Turtles team, and likes to kiss some Caputo butt second after that. He really thinks an MIAA kid from his alma mater is the best HS goalie since [fill in blank of last MIAA goalie who made college All-America], and he may or may not live in Ryan McClernan's basement in exchange for pumping the tires of Crabs kids. Turtles are great, Team 91 has some good players. Some of the 3d regional select teams have a few decent players, but most do not. I think the post just acknowledges that there are great LI players, but that IL and 3d both seem to be paid for PR firms for some stakeholders in the club lacrosse world. If D1 coaches rely on this, they are idiots. Coaches in every other NCAA sport can actually recruit by watching and ranking kids rather than have the tradesmen selling camps, clinics, showcases, tournaments and recruiting services telling them whose lax dad credit cards are the best. This is why Loyola and Cuse can win NCAAs every year with kids they scoop in as rising or current juniors. Cuse is not full because they can't get kids, let's be at least that honest. And correct me if the pre-pubes poster child UNC has won something in the last 20+ years I am not aware of.