Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes, it has and this is not new. Maybe lacrosse used to the niche sport where coaches went to the hotbeds areas to recruit players. It was easy. But the college landscape has changed and not just lacrosse. With common app came exponentially more college applications which created higher competition. Being recruited was a sure way for entrance into these elite schools. Also Lacrosse is no longer just a spring sport, it's year round. ICollege has fall ball, spring season and summer playing in tournaments. It is a full time job. and trust me when I say only the best and brightest student athletes survive. As a result of the growth of the sport, college coaches just don't have to wait for a player to mature. They just don't. Don't shoot the messenger but it is what it is. Stop blaming whomever and whatever and support you're child and his dreams. Most importantly are grades. Coaches notice this first and foremost. Regardless of talent if your kid has a 99 average coaches will notice IMMEDIATELY. CANT BLAME THAT ON ANYONE? Or do you blame all the kids that do have that with cheating because they have tutors and put academics first? If there is something to help you're child then do it. If his age is an issue then do something about it. There are options. But for the love of god, stop crying.

Some bank robbers & drug dealers support their kids with their efforts... is that ok too?

Getting carried away a bit!!! Last time I checked those activities were ILLEGAL!!