Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]2017 Outlaw Commit.

Congrats to Outlaws 2017 Defenseman Andrew McKenna for his commitment to Navy! McKenna is a rising soph at Ward Melville.

Looks like a Outlaw sales pitch. This kid played varsity at Ward Melville as a freshman, pretty impressive. Not sure how much the
outlaw coach had to do with him getting recruited. Good luck little mac! Navy is a great school/career! looking forward to watching you play the next few years.

Talk about sales pitch, you sound like one of the 3v Stooges.

Who said anything about Outlaws Coach. The post said congrats to the kid.
By the way, the fact that a 9th grader who played varsity at WM felt the need to play summer with an "Outside Club Team" speaks volumes. Actions speak louder than words. Stronger team, more competitive tournaments and more exposure to college coaches were probably some of the reasons for playing for the Outlaws.

Are you so insecure that you had to make this about WM? Just be happy for the kid.

Has Outlaws become "Ward Melville West" ?

Congrats to the young man, great news.
Did he play with Patriot Gold also and Outlaws or just Outlaws ? I don't think WM coaches would be too happy with kids choosing club over school summer team. They had a really impressive summer.

Impressive summer? Keep the blinders on. Second tier tournaments and "B" level competition not impressive at all. As the other post said "actions speak louder than words". Wake up. Why do you think kids are playing on other teams? Many 2017 WM players have played for other clubs over the years many wish they had. The parents and players that are playing club have no regret.
Keep trying to coerce and intimidate the players and families, keep trying to impose your will upon others it will not help your son. Are you so blind that you can not see what is out there? Why do you want to hold players back? Better teams, better competition and more exposure to college coaches. Just some of the reasons players choose to play on an outside club team.

Very happy for the kid and the family. Good for them that they did what was best for their son and it worked out so well. I'm sure they are happy with their decision. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Easy there guy, I'm not faulting or judging the kid or his parents. I am not from the WM community, but I do respect their program. Being runner-up at the National High School Lacrosse Tournament is impressive to me. They played and beat some of the top schools in the country. I think the competition was pretty high there. Some of the other tournaments, not so much but they seemed to play well. I see that a few 2016's and 2017's have already committed from their program. I don't know if these kids played club as well.
You seem to have hostility toward the WM summer program and it may be justified- I don't know. I just asked if this particular boy didn't participate with Patriot Elite at all and just did club instead. I am just curious if that was the case and I respect that it should be his decision to make. I ask not to start anything but just because my kid plays for a WM rival that has a similar summer program and philosophy- you can play club as well but never choose the club over the school program. As far as I know, nobody has done this in our program yet, but I can see it on the horizon. Again congrats to Andrew no matter who he played for.

That tournament was a joke. teams did not have their key players because they were at underarmour along with all the college coaches! A waste of time!