The comments were mainly aimed at the degradation of the level of play in Maryland, and, more broadly that the 2016s and 2017s are lesser caliber classes than the two classes ahead of them. I stand by that. I do also believe the game blowing up in non-hot beds will have a mind blowing impact going ahead...agree completely. In places like Texas, Florida, Georgia we are getting the 6'3 freak athletes coming in and taking spots from the MD and LI lacrosse blue blood kids. I concur and like it, but I am not about to heap praise on the players from those areas being technically strong players yet and I fear some of the same "let's tune out on practice reps and focus on that video and showcase move for exposure" crap that seems to take over 100% of the focus for clubs and for 7th and 8th graders locally here in MD. Greatness is in the boring and the monotony. Steele Stanwick played wall ball by himself in a garage 2 hours a day every day. You think these kids are doing that? I sneer more that a little to hear of "there's more specialized training" now. Yes, there is and yes it has a place as a SUPPLEMENT in a player's development like a prior poster noted. But really, middie dodge clinics? Gee, isn't that the type of repeat reps and instruction you would expect your sons to be getting in PRACTICE with their CLUBS rather than in a $85 an hour private lesson or clinic? Face off lessons, goalie lessons, etc. Helpful, yes, but a cop out to rely on.