Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Real question for committed folks from 2018 parent.

How much scholorship money are they promissing for 1st year?

Patriot schools look like some but not all provide-

Assume that the duke, uva michigan type schools also provide merit for grades and athletic dollars?

Looking for advice prior to going to a bunch of prospect days for schools we can't afford...

Any money your son gets from the school is counted against the coaches athletic scholarship money. What this means is that if your son can get need based and academic money he most likely will get no athletic money. Don't let these parents fool you when they talk about all of the money there son's received. If your son qualifies for a decent amount of non athletic money the coach will most likely give him no athletic money so it can be used on another player that may not get as much or any need based or academic money.

When you go to a prospect day the coach will explain this to you.

I disagree. We been to 5 schools had 5 meetings and never heard or felt if your son can get need based and academic money he most likely will get no athletic money. I don't mean to be argumentative but I really think EVERY situation is different.

Not in this order but these are the variables,
-Income/Need base
-Your sons ability
-Your sons HS academically and lacrosse program (is he being challenged academically and
-Your sons DESIRE to attend that school (most important IMO)
-How many players committed to THAT school in THAT class (works like a budget)