Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
heard some good training. $1300 bucks for weekend though....no coaches recruiting at it. More for committed kids to continue to work on stuff and parents who have money to burn. I spoke to one dad whose son did it and said it was pretty good. Wouldn't do twice but kid had good experience.

I looked at the roster of previous players who attended and they seemed to be talented.

For $1,300 over a weekend Bobby Flay should be cooking the meals and Paul Rabil should be waiting the tables. I get it that lacrosse has a business aspect, but aside from the Adrenaline Black Card I have not seen one where you could possibly say it was a good lacrosse experience first and then a good price second. If prospect days are running hot at $150-$250 a day, other events are running hot at $300-400 a day and now this one at $700 a day, what is next? Vacation cruises with the Powells with wall ball on the Ledo deck with Captain Stubing? This sport needs a reality check. Middle class parents like me are reading these things thinking there isn't a way anymore to get our kids out there to compete if we can't puke thousands of dollars in every random direction. $1300 is about what I will pay for a summer of lacrosse with our club, and I'd hope for our kids that would be sufficient if they have college ambitions.