Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am certain as sure as this is Tuesday that a number of the Turtles were pursued by Duke. Kids from that program went to comparable programs and also some very good schools. I actually think the Duke 2017 class has some very weak commits...kids who suddenly were ranked on lists for having committed to Duke. I also find it curious that 91 has about a dozen or so commits on a team that lost every game at the Crabs tournament and lost to some regional 3d teams at the fl$ tournament. If Duke used 2 of its bullets on a club team that can't beat other middling club teams, that may say a negative for Duke's recruiting more that a negative on the Turtles kids. Just my opinion, and I am a Maryland guy. No dog in the LI fight over the clubs being better...just plain fact that the Turtles kids are unreal and that team deserved a lot of high level program placements.

A better question is isn't it funny how Duke couldn't get a Turtle committed.

Re the 91 aspect of your question: these guys have only been playing together for one season with never the same team on the field twice due to other commitments by players but they absolutely blew up the showcases they were in.

Re the turtles aspect: no doubt many were prob approached by Duke. Perhaps they had other ideas on what was good fit for them and not what was a good fit for Duke.