Originally Posted by Anonymous
The only sports where money is not re-shuffled every year is football and basketball. In every other sport there are not full scholarships for everyone. When coach promises your 15 year old and you something, it is always subject to change later. Today he may see the kid as a four year starter, as a HS senior that evaluation can change. What leverage do you as a parent have then? Dial up other progams that are full looking for a new deal? If some walk on showed up and made All-ACC you think coach is stuck because he told some other kid as a 15 year old he was 65%? Dream on. You whack the kid who sits down and take care of the players who are producing on the field.

A lacrosse Dad's leverage to "listen for better offers" for his committed 2017 -- besides being sleazy -- runs out when the spots are gone. I respect Starsia a lot. You get a spot now, you get a money indication now and he is transparent that the money is finalized later when they are seniors in HS. Sure beats lying to kids saying it is a four year deal. It is a four year deal if yiu don't suck, then it is a one year. I also question your intrinsic trust of what coaches tell you...the same coaches who are recruiting their rival's commits while having a full 2017 class already. Golly, if Petro picks off somebody else's #1, is it free or is he going to pull some from a kid committed to him already who he rates less now? If any of this hits a nerve, get real pal or get sad later.

As I said, the conditions of the scholarship were made very clear. I'm sorry if you don't want to accept it. I know other kids in this program now and they are getting exactly what they were promised. one will be a jr, the other a senior. In fact one is getting more than the original agreed amt. The other kid who doesn't play much is still getting the original very nice scholarship. This is one of the things we considered when accepting the offer. I am fully aware that all programs work a little differently, we went wirh a coach who ddoes what he says, pal