Originally Posted by Anonymous
And you don't think Ty is in bed with Munroe? Get your head out of the sand!

Xanders is definitely NOT in bed with Munroe. If that was the case their rankings would be more consistent.

One could also argue that they are in competition [/quote]

I disagree, Ty certainly wants to gain favor with Munro. [/quote]

Ty Xanders is a sole proprietor now and would like to be compensated from any angle possible. 3d is a too big and too obvious one for him to ignore, and I am sure he is knocking on Munro's door. I would question whether Munro would want to invite in an "outsider". It seems everything 3d does is very corporate, deliberate and insular and exclusive to them. Look at what they did to Jake Reed...he is making a lot of dough but seems to be just the name behind a 3d franchise event now. The rest of the club and events lacrosse world operate like guys with a glorified rec program that turned into a money maker. 3d is a business that raised capital and runs like a corporation in the lacrosse industry. I just don't see 3d seeing Ty Xanders as anything but a nuisance and a bug they will squash under their shoe. After all 3d has hired Casey Vock from IL and a few others to do 3d Rising coverage and seem well staffed and moving fast without Xanders anyways. I salute Xanders for having the moxie to try something like this, but frankly I think the kid gets made and his credibility will vaporize quickly. I don't believe he had the maturity to realize that his status was because of an IL and a old money Baltimore franchise where he was a franchisee...kind of like the "big producer broker guy" at Goldman Sachs going off and doing his own thing at a 3rd tier firm and wondering why his clients are not paying him commissions after he leaves. The real question is what does Xanders offer that is distinguished from anyone else who sits in a lawn chair watching lacrosse for 6 hours and then writing one paragraph on 15 kids after that (especially considering the club coaches are filling in a lot of the players and the text on them for Xanders to publish) ??? Sorry, I don't see it sustaining for very long if at all. [/quote]

You make very good points. definitely agree with you. 3d seems to be a well run professional organization. The parents who have kids involved with 3d rave about it and love it.

They have hired several college coaches. The ranking of the 2017's seem to be pretty detailed. They knew everything about the kids even got detailed quotes and information on the kids.

Of course they are running a business as is everyone else but they seem to be much more professional and legit . Many of us in Maryland think it is just a matter of time before Miunro has a strong presence here as well.

A 24 year old kid no matter how likable he is with no lacrosse background cannot compete with that no matter who is funding him