Originally Posted by Anonymous
List of top colleges with price tags if out of state:

http://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/list/#page:1_sort:0_direction:asc_search:_filter:All%20states

My reactions as a parent of a 2017. Lots of lacrosse schools in the top 100. And they are really expensive. If you are from the state of NC or VA and go to those schools, great. If you are getting a 20% scholarship from out of state or from JHU or another private college, that hardly solves a working class family's problems paying for college. Some lacrosse schools are low regarded. High Point at #558, some like UMass are buried in the 200s. A degree even free from one of those not worth a lot in the real world. If my son went to an Ivy I'd pray for some love from those bazillion dollar endowments at the financial aid office.

Son, how about USNA or West Point? Love the cost: N/A !!!!!!!

If you don't have a lot of money or have other kids in college the Ivys are actually very affordable. I have a nephew who went to Princeton and paid about 8-10K per year, his family is not rich but they make over 6 figures. He was not playing sports, of course his SATs were near perfect and he had over a 4.0.